5.2% MINIMUM RISE FOR LOWEST PAID
The Fair Work Commission (FWC) this morning, approved a 5.2% ($40) rise to the National Minimum Wage (NMW), while workers covered by Award Rates will get an increase of at least 4.6%.
The increase will lift the NMW to $812.60 per week or $21.38 per hour.
The FWC advised that Award Rates below $869.60 per week will increase by $40. Rates above $869.60 will rise by 4.6%.
Most increases will operate from 1st July 2022. Except for Workers under 10 Awards in the Hospitality, Tourism and Aviation Sectors, who will wait until 1 October 2022 for their increase. This is because the FWC have determined that these Sectors had not fully recovered from the pandemic’s economic effects.
These Awards include:
- Restaurant Industry Award 2020
- Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2020
- Registered and Licensed Clubs Award 2020
- Marine Tourism and Charter Vessels Award 2020
Please contact us if you have any queries.
IF YOU NEED ANY ADVICE REGARDING THE CONTENTS OF THIS NEWSLETTER OR ANY OTHER WORKPLACE RELATIONS MATTER, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT US.
– Ensure your Business is Compliant with current Australian Employment Law. Has your Business had a yearly Compliance Check? Ensure your internal operations are effective and Compliant. A solid Employment Framework should Protect your Business in the event of a claim.
– Our Aim is to Help Employers Understand the Rules and Keep Up with the Changes. Navigating the system often requires specialist Guidance and Advice.
– Please contact us if you have any Enquiries or require any Assistance.
– Phone or E-mail Tania Harris, for Clarity & Peace of Mind – so you can focus on Customer satisfaction and growing your Business.