Complied by Tania Harris
– A Reference Point to learn changes in Australian Employment Law
– Issues that Affect your Business
– Guiding Employers towards Compliance
– Providing Best Practice Solutions for Business
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE (COVID-19)
The Federal Government yesterday released their 3rd Economic Assistance Response to the Coronavirus.
If your business has been significantly impacted by the Coronavirus, you will be able to access a wages subsidy to continue paying your Employees.
Under the JobKeeper program, you will be able to claim a fortnightly payment of $1,500 per eligible Employee from 30 March 2020, for a maximum of 6 months, with every eligible Employee receiving the same wage subsidy.
This Assistance will help keep businesses afloat, Employees in work and enable a rebound after the pandemic passes.
The payments apply to Full-time and Part-Time Workers who have been stood down by their Employers since 1 March. Sole Traders and Casual Workers who have been with their Employers for 12 months or longer, are also eligible for the payments.
For full details, visit https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus.
Businesses must register their interest for the JobKeeper payment through the ATO’s website.
We wish you and your families all the very best through this unprecedented time.
BE IN TUNE
– Ensure your Business is Compliant with current Australian Employment Law. Has your Business had a yearly Compliance Check? Ensure your internal operations are efficient, effective and compliant. A solid Employment Framework should protect your Business in the event of a claim.
– Please contact us if you have any Queries.
– Phone or E-mail Tania for Clarity and Peace of Mind, so you can focus on growing your business.
+61 (0)417 389 811