It is that time of year again!
The end of the financial year is fast approaching, but before we move into 2018/19 we need to consider if there are any final things we can do to prepare for 2017/18 tax time. In this respect, we have attached a year end checklist outlining tax planning opportunities available to you and your business.
In the interim clients that require our assistance with reviewing their business’s tax position and what opportunities apply, please contact our office to arrange an appointment or alternatively would you kindly provide the following information via your Moroney Wray Jackson client portal:
- Quickbooks/MYOB file or other record keeping you use;
- Estimates of activity for periods still remaining. i.e. sales, expenses, overheads, expenses outside normal overheads (if any) e.g. buying a new car;
- Estimates of any capital expenditure that you intend to spend in 2018/19 that maybe brought forward to 30 June 2018;
- Knowledge of any items that can be prepaid e.g. insurance, advertising, rent etc.; and
- Any other details that may impact on your tax situation e.g. disposal of personal taxable assets. If you do not have a client portal setup, please contact Rachel on 6234 4481 to facilitate this for you.
Please follow the link to our checklist: mwj checklist 2017-18